Pages

July 9, 2010

Batumi – the City of Romance

Author: Katiee

Until now, honestly, I had never expressed any desire to spend vacation in Batumi. Even more, I always tried to persuade my friends to go somewhere else in summer, far from the city life.

Last time I was in Batumi just for several days, it used to be a city under the state of emergency of Abashidze regime. After that I was just passing by the city on the way to my favorite Sarphi resort (the border of Georgia-Turkey).

Only now, some days back, I visited Batumi only for a day and the first time in my life I enjoyed its atmosphere, truly felt it.

Though the streets were under construction (as everywhere in Georgia), though the Sheraton hotel looks too “cheap” and ugly from outside (sorry for that), though the shops and cafés were the same as in Tbilisi and I even met the same people from my university there… The air is different, the soul is different. There is the sea and the sun and my favorite, the most romantic musical DANCING FOUNTAINS.

It’s a pity, we did not have enough time to enjoy everything, especially the night live in Batumi, but it was still enough to make me decide to go there again, maybe for the upcoming Black Sea Jazz Festival on July 18?

Dancing Fountain - Batumi


Ballet - Reflection on water splashes

Asian Woman Dancing Projection on Water



We in Boulevard - By Mari

Bloggers in Batumi Boulevard

To see and know more about Batumi and Achara (a.k.a. Adjara) you can visit an official page of Tourism Department of Adjara.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's time to talk!