Pages

August 30, 2010

Georgian Folk song

The singer, Teona Kumsiashvili, 30, died tragically with her 2 babies in mountinous region of Khevsureti. Remembering her, I post one of her songs.






The song says (my translation - bad one, sorry for that)

You are my pain
morning - rainy
you are my smile
smile - sad
Not as you thought
neither as I though
Let you burn, the women's sun
let me burn with you
If you dont love me,
let your sad eyes burn


in Georgian
"შენ ჩემო დიდო ტკივილო,
დილაო - ავდრიანაო.
ძლივს აჩენილო ღიმილო,
ღიმილო - დარდიანაო.
შენ რომ ფიქრობდი, არც აგრე...
რომ ვფიქრობ, აგრეც არაო...
ცეცხლი მოგედოს, ქალთა მზევ,
მეც შენთან მაბრიალაო.
მე თუ არ მეტრფის - დაიწვას
თვალები - ნაღვლიანაო.
შენ, ჩემო დიდო ტკივილო,
დილაო - ავდრიანაო".


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's time to talk!