- Broccoli - is among the healthiest among vegetables.It is an excellent course of calcium, potassium, vitamins A and C, anti-oxidant, beta-carotene and folate. These help reduce the chances for cancer and heart diseases.
- Cabbage - is the member of the vegetable family which is rich in phytochemical. It is impressive with its high content level of calcium, iron, iodine, potassium, sulfur, and phosphorus.
- Carrot - is one of the most healing foods that provides the finest and highest quality in nutrients, especially from its juice. It is an excellent source of pro-vitamin A, vitamin C, D, E, K, B1 and B6.
- Garlic - has an admirable source of vitamins A, B-complex and C. It provides a good supply of minerals such as manganese, phosphorus, calcium, copper, potassium, iron. Garlic is know as anti cold treatment as it kills all bad bacterias in the body.
- Bell Peppers - are colourful. Their rich pigmentation are full of anti-oxidants and carotenoids. Chlorophyll in bell peppers protects against environmental free radicals.
October 24, 2010
These 5 vegetables are some of the healthiest food (listed in no particular order). Try to eat as many different kinds of vegetables as you can. And each day try to eat at least one red or orange colored vegetable.